Monday, February 1, 2010

Quitting Smoking: There Is No Shame In Seeking Help!

Quitting smoking is difficult. Writing about the process- nearly impossible. I have started this blog with intention to document my struggle. However I found it practically impossible to write this blog. Many times I started a blog post just to abandon it. I found that thinking about my addiction just reinforced my cravings, and on few occasions, instead of finishing an article, I found myself in a local Wawa buying another "last" pack of cigarettes.

Today it has been more than 5 days since I had my last cigarettes. However I can't say I am nicotine free- I use a product called Nicotrol Inhaler by Pfizer. I will describe my experience with this product in my future posts. For now all I can say is that Nicotrol keeps me sane- no one has been injured around me yet. Nicotrol Inhealer is actually a leftover from my last attempt to quit using Chantix. When doctor had put me on Chantix, he also advised me to use products like Nicotrol along the way.

During my past attempts to kick this habit, I found it embarrassing to admit that I was using something meant to help me quit. Heck, I was embarrassed to admit I needed help. It is true- the products I tried in the past did not do that good of a job. But maybe all these products out there are meant for those who really want to quit.

Whatever your case might be- there is no shame in seeking help. There is no shame in using products like Nicotrol to help you quit. What really counts is the end result- your freedom from this addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment